Friday 16 October 2015

Ahhhhh - Spring!

The leaves are fresh and green, the skies are deep blue and the temperatures are, for the most part, very reasonable. I’ve been lucky enough to have had the last couple of weeks off work to potter around the house – it’s been great!


The first week was all about spring blossom as all the peach and nectarine trees were out.


The bottle brush was out as well. I have three cream trees down the western side of the house.

Then some of the roses started blooming.


Pat Austin

              
Skylark


Kathleen Harrop


And Seduction. This is my climbing one – after 4 years it still hasn’t got as big as a shrub of a similar age.

I spent part of the time building a couple of slightly dodgy structures to support my weeping standard roses.


Here’s one for the Lamarque.


I have my fingers crossed but it’s already leaning heavily towards the north with the back feet lifting. Time will tell, but I am making back up plans.



The other one is for the Red Pierre. I have a lot more confidence in this one.

Happy Spring!
Sue

No comments:

Post a Comment